There are many, many people making Brymbo Heritage Area and our Roots to Shoots projects come to life.
The whole operation is being led by Brymbo Heritage Trust. It’s the Charitable Incorporated Organisation that was set up by the management committee of Brymbo Heritage Group in August 2017. It is a registered charity and has the following purposes:
To promote for the benefit of the public the preservation, protection and improvement of historical artefacts, structures, buildings and landscapes which are of historic or architectural importance relating to Wrexham’s industrial history.
• To promote for the benefit of the public the conservation of the Brymbo Fossil Forest
• To advance the education of the public in the geography, history, natural history and architecture of Brymbo and adjacent areas
• The promotion for the public benefit of urban or rural regeneration in areas of social and economic deprivation and in particular Brymbo by the following means;
- To provide education, training and re-training opportunities and work experience, especially for unemployed people
- To provide, maintain and improve recreational facilities
- To provide public amenities
The Trust provides the direction for the Brymbo Heritage Project. The Trust has 8 trustees and employees 8 staff and a Trust Manager. More than 50 volunteers help make it all happen.