In March 2017 Brymbo Heritage Trust was formed gaining charitable status as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in August 2017.
Our purposes are:
To promote for the benefit of the public the preservation, protection and improvement of historical artefacts, structures, buildings and landscapes which are of historic or architectural importance relating to Wrexham’s industrial history.
• To promote for the benefit of the public the conservation of the Brymbo Fossil Forest
• To advance the education of the public in the geography, history, natural history and architecture of Brymbo and adjacent areas
• The promotion for the public benefit of urban or rural regeneration in areas of social and economic deprivation and in particular Brymbo by the following means;
- To provide education, training and re-training opportunities and work experience, especially for unemployed people
- To provide, maintain and improve recreational facilities
- To provide public amenities
The Trust provides the strategic and visionary guidance for the Brymbo Heritage Project. The Brymbo Heritage Management Group is then responsible for the operational management of the project which is run by a Trust Manager.