Call us on 0800 772 0981 – free from landlines!
Brymbo’s heritage is our heritage. If you’re looking at this website it’s probably because Brymbo’s past means something to you, whether that means it’s your own history or that of someone close to you. If you’d like to help tell Brymbo’s story and help keep the memories alive for generations to come we’d love to hear from you and meet for a cuppa and a chat.
There are lots of ways you can get involved…and you can give as little or as much time as you want. Some of the work that needs doing to tell the story can be done at home too, but there’s plenty to do on-site.
Work that we want to get underway includes:
- Capturing people’s stories…about the steelworks and about village life…by using audio recorders (and video equipment) and then editing into clips and documentaries;
- scanning old photographs, categorising them, understanding their significance and putting them onto this website (we’re hoping to get more than 3000 such pictures online!);
- working with schools to develop education materials…covering science, maths, history and geography at first…and then working up a programme of visits and guided tours;
- broadening the current programme of open days, group visits and private tours for the general public and community groups; and
- growing the number of volunteers and members of the Brymbo Heritage Group
If you think you can help, or you can think of someone we should aim to talk to to get their story please give Gary or Liz a call on 0800 772 0981 or email them at email@example.com or Liz.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to join our ‘Friends of Brymbo’s Heritage Renaissance’ group please fill out and submit the form below – we will be in touch then to welcome you in the next few days.