We’ve got ‘Watch Out Cinema’ this coming Friday (27th October):
Our next Open Day will take place on Saturday 18th November, from 10am to 4pm. Plenty to see and do including:
- Walking tours – taking in the industrial heritage story, fossil forest, and our new apple and pear orchard
- 4×4 tours – covering nearly 3 miles in a Landrover finding out about our history
- Narrow Gauge Railway rides
- Special event – radio broadcasting from Wrexham Amateur Radio Society
- Stalls and displays about our plans and the activities we’re doing this year
- Bric-A-Brack, teas & coffees, and raffle tickets to helps raise funds
Events for 2017 – A busy year ahead in Brymbo!
Open days for 2016: Next one on Saturday 30th July 2016
We have a number of open days coming up this year. These will include the usual walking and 4×4 tours, talks, our new chocolate casting activity for children and many more activities that we are developing over the course of the year. Details of open days will be released closer to the time so please keep checking back on our website, Facebook and Twitter sites.
This years dates are:
– Saturday 16th May
– Saturday 27th June
– Saturday 15th August
25th Anniversary Event
On Sunday 27th September, it will be the 25th anniversary of the closure of the Steelworks. To commemorate this event we will be holding a special event with performances etc to remember the Steelworks and the workers. Please check back for more details, which we will be releasing over the coming months!
Oral History Sessions
We have Oral History sessions planned for once a month. The upcoming dates are as follows:
– Tuesday 19th May
– Tuesday 30th June
– Tuesday 21st July
– Tuesday 18th August
– Tuesday 29th September
– Tuesday 20th October
– Tuesday 17th November
– Tuesday 8th December
All our oral history sessions are held in Brymbo Enterprise Centre between 10 – 12. No booking is required, just pop in for an informal chat, cuppa and a biscuit!
For more information olease see the Your Stories page.